Thursday, October 15, 2015

Little Sista, Coorparoo


In my constant search for a local cafe where I can be a regular at, I decided to try Little Sista. I've been here for coffee a long time ago with a friend and made a mental note that it might be worth coming back to for a proper meal. So on one fine day off, sleeping in well breakfast time, we decided to come here for their all day breakfast!


We sat outside in their patio area to soak in some sun. I often sit outside in the sun with my coffee on my days off and while on holidays so I thought the setting was relaxing and peaceful and felt like was away from Brisbane for a little while.

We started with a couple of coffees and after the many awful coffees we have had recently, we were looking forward to a cup of Campos. The espresso shot was extracted well but the milk texture could have been smoother.  The coffee wasn't bad, but it was nothing to write home about either.  I'm a Barista and a decent one at that, so my expectations are probably a little higher than my dining companions.


Our waitress was very quick and bubbly and ordering was done without a hitch. Jamie, being a growing man, ordered the biggest breakfast he could; the Big Sista breakfast which consisted of eggs, chorizo, mushroom, bacon, beans, tomatos and hasbrowns served with sourdough. 



I went with the little Sista breakfast, which wasn't all that little. I thought this was a pretty good option because you're given a few steps to build and customise your own meal. You get eggs your way on sourdough, followed by a meat option and two sides. I went for the greasy and hearty options of savoury mince, vegetable fritter and hash browns. 

The savoury mince was delicious, full of flavour and nice and saucy. The fritter from what i can recall (a fair few weeks have past since we were here) was primarily spiced pumpkin and deep fried. it was crispy around the edges but being quite oily and mushy, became sickening half way through. 



I thought it was a little pricey for breakfast coming in at $50 for two people but then again, that would be the average price in a trendy cafe these days. The quality is definitely worth it though, you wouldnt be able to get anything like this from any place with a big sign out front offering a $12 big breakfast...not in Brisbane anyway.



Food: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 6/10

Overal: 6.5


Little Sista Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment